CANNES, France—Apple and TBWA\Media Art Lab won their second Cannes Grand Prix in three years here tonight, topping the Outdoor Lions category with their iPhone 6 billboards featuring photos taken by actual iPhone users.
Apple found photos it liked from 162 users from around the world and created outdoor boards of their work. In all, the campaign featured more than 10,000 installations in 73 cities in 25 countries. Apple called it "the largest mobile photography gallery in history."
Check out the case study below for more.
Grey New York and The Community won gold and silver for the U.S. for campaigns that have already been honored in other categories. Grey won for its States United to Prevent Gun Violence client, while The Community won for its Buenos Aires bike ads—which took home the Press Grand Prix on Monday.
Agency and client also won a Grand Prix in Press in 2013 for their ads on the backs of magazines showing their covers at iPad size.
—Other U.S. Outdoor Winners
• Grey New York for States United to Prevent Gun Violence (gold, silver)
• The Community Miami for the Buenos Aires Public Bike System (gold, silver)
• Red Fuse Communications New York and Y&R New York for Colgate (silver, two bronzes)
• R/GA New York for the Ad Council's "Love Has No Labels" (silver)
• Alma DDB Miami for Green Works (bronze)
• BBDO New York for Snickers (bronze)
• David Miami for Burger King (bronze)
• Conill Saatchi & Saatchi Miami for Toyota (bronze)
• AKQA San Francisco for Jordan Brand (bronze)