Former senior Saatchi & Saatchi execs Sandy Thompson and Jim O’Mahony have launched a consultancy called fixt, which is based in Los Angeles and Toronto.
Thompson (pictured), a former global planning director at Saatchi, and O’Mahony, the agency’s ex-global CEO, have assembled a network of senior partners (known as “friends of fixt”) in key markets including Australia, India, China, New York and London.
Those friends include:
• Bob Isherwood, former global creative director at Saatchi and founder of the Campaign Palace in Australia.
• David Nobay, a longtime partner of David Droga and leader of the Australian ops of Droga5.
• Kieran Hannon, the former head of Grey in San Francisco, and a senior client-side marketer at RadioShack, who now serves as CMO at mobile company Sidebar in Los Angeles.
• Jack Mickle, former head of Saatchi Japan.
• Mike Tunnicliffe, a branded entertainment/alternative marketing expert.
• Johnny McCabe, a leading copywriter.
• Subhabrata Ghosh, founder of ideas and innovation agency Celsius 100 in Bangalore, India.
Fixt has yet to finalize contracts, but Thompson said the startup is pursuing several assignments.
“We will work with both clients and agencies, as well as through agencies to clients,” she said, adding: “Fixt is a broad based marketing, business and strategic consulting model so the output is not necessarily advertising.”
The group’s mantra is FEEL (Finding, Engage, Emotion, Love), which the partners describe as the process of connecting people and customers to forge long-lasting and meaningful ties between brands and consumers.
Indeed, a recent poll has shown that most client-side marketers wish their campaigns stressed emotional benefits, rather than focusing on more practical product attributes.