It’s Thursday, y’all, and a lot has happened: Jill Abramson has reassigned assistant managing editors Gerry Marzorati and Susan Edgerley, so their names aren’t on the NYT masthead anymore…..Jeffrey Smith, who has been at the Washington Post for a quarter century, is leaving for the Center for Public Integrity…he says he “relish[es] the chance to help widen the Center’s scope”…..and more news…..
- Abramson quietly removes two editors from NYT masthead (via Romenesko+)
- WaPo Loses Jeffrey Smith to Center for Public Integrity (via FishbowlDC)
- Attorney files lawsuit against LATimes business columnist (via Talking Biz News)
- Producer & Publicity Director Sarah Spitz Leaving KCRW (via FishbowlLA)
- Frank Baker Named AP California News Editor (via FishbowlLA)
- Newsweek/The Daily Beast Adds New Editor (via FishbowlNY)
- Deutsch LA Adds Digital Folks (via AgencySpy)