Amazon Includes Disclaimer on eBooks Priced by Agency Model

There’s all kinds of maddness afoot–it ain’t just iPad. Agency model pricing at Amazon goes into effect or many publishers today, and Amazon is including a disclaimer on eBooks priced according to that model–in which publishers set the eBooks price and Amazon take 30 percent, leaving the publishers 70 percent.

As usual, GalleyCat has links to test this out for yourself: “You can see the note on Hachette and Macmillan agency model-priced eBooks. Follow this link to Twilight by Stephenie Meyer or No Apology by Mitt Romney. This appears to have resolved the technical “hiccups” that kept Hachette eBooks off Amazon’s shelf for a few days.”

Publish date: April 3, 2010 © 2020 Adweek, LLC. - All Rights Reserved and NOT FOR REPRINT