Amazon’s Super Bowl LIII spot was the most-watched creative ad on YouTube for 2019 (Jan. 1 through Dec. 1).
YouTube said six of the 2019 top 10 originated as Super Bowl ads, and the total watch time for all videos on the list was about 275 million minutes, with some 230 million total views.
The company added in an email, “Celebrities were still the ultimate attention grabber. More than 16 million people watched as Chance the Rapper and Backstreet Boys performed in the Doritos ad, Sarah Jessica Parker changed up her drink order for Stella Artois and athletes such as Serena Williams showed what happens when women Dream Crazier in a Nike ad.”
YouTube’s top 10 creative ads for 2019 were:
- Amazon, Not Everything Makes the Cut – Amazon Super Bowl LIII Commercial, 39.5 million global views, creative agency Lucky Generals, media agency Rufus
- HyundaiUSA, The Elevator | 2019 Super Bowl Commercial | Hyundai, 38.9 million, Innocean, Canvas Worldwide
- Gillette, We Believe: The Best Men Can Be | Gillette (Short Film), 32.8 million
- Apple, Introducing iPhone 11—Apple, 31.8 million, Apple, OMD
- Bosch Global, The Internet of Things presents—#LikeABosch, 23.3 million, Jung von Matt, OMD Hamburg
- Doritos, Doritos® | Chance the Rapper x Backstreet Boys Super Bowl OFFICIAL VIDEO #NowItsHot, 16.7 million, Goodby Silverstein & Partners, OMD
- Audi USA, Audi Presents: Science Fair, 14.8 million, M/H VCCP, PHD
- Stella Artois, Stella Artois | Change Up The Usual | 2019, 13.9 million, Mother New York, Dentsu
- Nike, Nike | Dream Crazier, 11.1 million, Wieden + Kennedy, Publicis Sapient
- National Football League, The 100-Year Game | SBLIII, 7.3 million, 72andSunny, Havas