Among enhancements in the release, which should occur in the next week: Users can select the ability to automatically shorten links, and custom URLs will be easier to create. A “Manage” tab was also added to allow users to search URLs they have shortened.
As for bitly.Pro, the new enterprise version — priced at $995 per month and available immediately — offers a dashboard, end-to-end branding, and a real-time feed of click data.
bit.ly said it shortens 40 million-50 million links per day, with more than 50 percent of them now coming from outside of Twitter.
Highlights from a post on the bit.ly Blog:
Over the coming week, we are going to release bit.ly 1.3, a major release that includes a complete update to our Web site and the addition of some nifty features such as history search. Alongside the new Web site, we’re unveiling significant additions to our bitly.Pro product.
No surprise, the new bit.ly Web site still makes it easy to shorten URLs. But we’ve streamlined the process. Links are shortened automatically once you enter them (a feature you can disable, if you prefer). And it’s even easier than before to create custom URLs and to share your short links on Twitter. The short story: It takes fewer clicks to shorten and share your URLs. We think bit.ly feels more like a responsive application than a simple Web page, and with the new features, we hope it’s an application you’ll find even more ways to use.
Today, we’re announcing pricing and an expanded feature set for bitly.Pro. The entry-level product, including custom domain names and account-level metrics, will continue to be free. We’re announcing the enterprise version with:
• A dashboard that aggregates all traffic to the custom domain, so that publishers can see all of their traffic on one screen and discover what’s going viral
• “End-to-end branding,” which replaces the bit.ly domain with a custom domain name (like nyti.ms) for all requests to shorten URLs on a customer’s Web site. Custom domains will appear to all users who shorten links on the bit.ly site, via the bit.ly API, and through applications such as TweetDeck, Twitterfeed, and ÜberTwitter
• A real-time feed of click data for all of your short URLs
• Redirection of your short domain home page, eg 4sq.com pointing to foursquare.com
• Access to our high-performance API without rate limits
The enterprise product is priced at $995 per month and is available immediately. You can sign up at bit.ly/bitlypro. Just check the “interested in Enterprise” box.