With the Friendly Wars feature, any two clans can compete in wars for fun. To issue a Friendly War challenge, a user can search for a clan, and then tap the challenge button to challenge the clan to a Friendly War (that is, if the clan has decided to receive Friendly Wars challenges).
Friendly Wars do not reward users with war loot or Clan XP. In addition, Supercell said only attacking Clan Castle troops will be consumed when attacking.
Elsewhere, Supercell revealed a variety of new content and balance changes that are included in this update:
- Introducing the Bomb Tower at Town Hall 8!
- New troop levels: Dragon, Baby Dragon, Wizard.
- New defense Levels: X-Bow, Mortar, Hidden Tesla.
- 25 more wall pieces to Town Hall 11.
- Lots of upgrade costs and times reduced.
- Rebalancing, including Witch and Skeleton Spell buffs.
- Clan Wars loot and Clan XP rules revisited.
- Continued balancing changes to Clan Wars matchmaking.