Etsy rang in Halloween with a treat for sellers looking to tap social media.
The e-commerce site launched a free tool Tuesday that enables sellers to organically share their listings and accomplishments on social networks.
The tool launched on the Sell on Etsy application Tuesday, with desktop scheduled to follow Nov. 16.
Etsy said in an email to Social Pro Daily that the tool will display six sections:
- New items in sellers’ shops.
- Seller successes, or milestones such as, “You just opened your shop!” and “Your shop is turning two today!”
- Sales and promotions.
- Five-star reviews.
- Items sellers love from other shops.
- Shop updates.
The company added that sellers can use the new tool to:
- Help decide what to share from among new items, successes, sales and promotions and five-star reviews. Etsy said the tool provides tips and advice tailored to each social network, including suggested hashtags.
- Share directly from a single place rather than having to access various social networks.
- The tool suggests high-quality images to help sellers launch visually attractive organic campaigns.
- Sellers can increase their relevance and discoverability by using some of the hashtags suggested by the tool.