Group administrators on Facebook are getting some new tools to keep their groups safe and manage them more efficiently.
- Admin support, a dedicated place for group admins to report issues or ask questions, with Facebook saying it aims to respond within one business day. A “limited number” of group admins are currently testing this feature on iOS and Android and in English and Spanish.
- An online learning destination that includes tutorials, product demonstrations and case studies aimed at enabling admins to keep their communities safe.
- The ability for admins to provide group members with details on which rule or rules they broke after posts are removed, and to add notes to their admin activity logs.
- Admins and moderators can select group members whose content will automatically be approved.
This latest batch of new features for group admins follows February’s introduction of:
- Member requests, group insights and other information being made available to group admins in a single dashboard.
- A group announcements feature, allowing group admins to post up to 10 announcements that appear at the top of their groups.
- Allowing admins to create dedicated rules sections for their groups.
- Enabling admins to select a personalized color to be displayed throughout their group.