Facebook reported its third-quarter-2018 earnings Tuesday - Credit by jurgenfr/iStock
Facebook released its third-quarter-2018 financial results Tuesday after market close. Here are some of the numbers and milestones that were revealed during the company’s earnings call.
- The social network finished the quarter with 2.271 billion monthly users, up nearly 1.7 percent from 2.234 billion at the end of the second quarter and up 9.6 percent from 2.072 billion at the close of the year-ago quarter.
- It also reported 1.495 billion daily users, up 1.6 percent from 1.471 billion in the previous quarter and up 9.3 percent from 1.368 billion in the third quarter of 2017.
- CEO Mark Zuckerberg said during his opening remarks that over 2.6 billion people are using Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram or Facebook Messenger every month, up from about 2.5 billion in the previous quarter, and he added that an average of more than 2 billion people use at least one of those services every day.
- Zuckerberg said some 100 billion messages are sent every day using Facebook’s family of applications.
- Chief operating officer Sheryl Sandberg said during her opening remarks that more than 6 million advertisers are active across Facebook, Instagram and the company’s other services.
- Facebook Watch viewership has tripled over the past few months, Zuckerberg said.
- More than 90 million businesses now have pages on Facebook.
- There are now over 25 million business profiles on Instagram.
- Sandberg said some 90 million people are tapping product tags on Instagram shopping posts every month.
- Zuckerberg said during his opening remarks that there are now more than 3 million business accounts on WhatsApp.
- Some 200 million people belong to meaningful groups on Facebook.
- More than 700 million people use Facebook events every month.
- More than 1 million people have found employment via Facebook’s job application tool since its February 2017 rollout.
- According to Zuckerberg, 20 percent of the time people spend on Instagram is on its Explore page.
- Sandberg said nearly 70 marketers now have access to ads on Marketplace.