Former Bebo Vice President of Engineering and current PhotoSugar CEO Darius Contractor joined FWD.us, the political advocacy group established by Facebook Co-Founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg, as chief technology officer, TechCrunch reported.
Contractor told TechCrunch he will work with volunteer engineers and lead hackathons and “hack days” to incorporate coding into the push for policy changes on issues including immigration reform.
According to TechCrunch, Contractor’s first big project with FWD.us is the FWD.us DREAMer Hackathon, to be held at LinkedIn headquarters in Mountain View, Calif., Nov. 20 and 21, adding that mentors who will participate in the event include:
- Dropbox Head of Design Soleio Cuervo
- Generator Lab Co-Founder Jay Zalowitz
- Open-source guru Conrad Irwin
- Quora Growth Product Manager Rob Matei
- PayPal Growth Head Stan Chudnovsky
- LivingSocial Co-Founder Aaron Batalion
- Current and former Facebook product staffers including Arjun Banker, Itamar Rosenn, Roddy Lindsay, and Bobby Goodlatte
FWD.us President Joe Green told TechCrunch Contractor was brought on board because he “combines technical background with experience organizing projects, and is someone who is well-connected and thought of in the tech community, and who was passionate about the issues.”
Readers: What do you think of the marriage between technology and politics?