Geofeedia, a location-based social media monitoring, intelligence and analysis platform, today announced version 4.0 of its platform and a new iOS app. Through this new version of Geofeedia, users can gather location-tagged data across Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Picasa, Flickr, Sina Weibo and other channels.
Through the iOS app, Geofeedia users and marketers can gather data based on their current locations, or create/monitor any location.
The company’s research found that 74 percent of social posts can’t be discovered via hashtag or keyword monitoring. Additionally, six percent of posts only have a photo or video without text. Geofeedia’s technology allows marketers and users to keep a finger on the pulse of what’s going on around them or in a certain area. Geofeedia serves more than 400 organizations and 10,000 users, aiming to double its client base by the end of the year.
Our upgraded platform augments the value of social media as a powerful tool to get the pulse of any location around the world. Whether it’s to gain situational awareness in a crisis, maintain public safety at events or generate sales leads at retail outlets, we provide users with the most actionable intelligence in real-time. Further setting Geofeedia apart from other social media monitoring technology, our app is the only way to easily empower users with geo-tagged real-time social media data on the go.
The new version of Geofeedia includes these enhancements:
- New Look and Feel: Now it’s even easier to discover, engage and analyze social media data with a streamlined and updated user interface.
- Upgraded Data Platform: With the upgraded capacity to process more than 1 billion posts daily (~10,000 per second) by the platform, Geofeedia enables the most complete searches across the largest location-based data set in the world.
- Aggregated Location Monitoring: Save time and gain insight by collecting intelligence across many locations in a single search.
- Enhanced Location Analytics: Make smarter real-time decisions through updated and interactive location analytics.
- Location Sentiment: Quickly understand the sentiment (positive/negative) of posts from one or more locations.
- New Data Source: With the largest Chinese microblogging site Sina Weibo added to Geofeedia, users now have an even larger data set to discover, engage and analyze.
- Templates: Save time by creating and reusing search criteria (including locations, keywords, networks, usernames) within a search template.
- Influencers: Discover top influencers in a location and their social connections.
- Salesforce Integration: Increase sales and improve customer service by creating a Salesforce.com lead or customer service case from a location-tagged social media post with a single click.