The International Academy of Digital Arts & Sciences revealed the winners of the 24th Annual Webby Awards this morning.
The online celebration, dubbed WFH: Webbys From Home, will air today at 3 p.m. ET hosted by comedian Patton Oswalt, and the winners’ five-word acceptance speeches will be available on the Webby Awards site.
The Webby Awards and Vote.org will hold a voter-registration rally throughout the ceremony.
This year’s Webby Agency of the Year award went to BBDO New York, which won five Webby Awards and eight Webby People’s Voice Awards for campaigns including “The Epidemic” with Monica Lewinsky, “Back to School Essentials” for the Sandy Hook Promise, “Beat Machine” for Bacardi and The New Yorker Caption Contest.
BBDO New York tallied more wins and nominations across all categories than any other agency.
Other agencies that were in close contention for Webby Agency of the Year were: McCann New York with 11 wins and 14 nominations, highlighted by “Changing the Game”; Droga5 (five wins, 18 nominations, “The Truth Is Worth It”); Goodby Silverstein & Partners (eight wins, nine nominations, “Lessons in Herstory”); and R/GA (four wins, 13 nominations, Nike PLAYlist).
McCann Worldgroup won the Webby for Network of the Year, with work from 18 of its agencies in 11 categories being celebrated.
The full list of winners is available here. Highlights include:
- Monica Lewinsky, “The Epidemic,” BBDO New York: Webby Award and Webby People’s Voice Award for Mobile Campaign (Advertising Campaigns)
- It’s bubly!, Goodby Silverstein & Partners: Webby Award and Webby People’s Voice Award for Best Influencer Endorsements (PR)
- Tinder: Swipe Night, 72andSunny: Webby People’s Voice Award for Brand Strategy (Advertising Campaigns)
- For the Throne, Droga5: Webby Award for Media and Entertainment (Branded Content)
- Born Free—The Bitter Bond, Engine: Webby People’s Voice Award for Best Use of Earned Media (Media)
- Bonds Re-Loved, Leo Burnett: Webby Award for Digital Campaign (Advertising Campaigns)
- Go Back to Africa, FCB/Six: Webby Award for Tourism and Leisure (Branded Content)
- Listen to the Ocean, Africa: Webby People’s Voice Award for Branded Content (Individual)
- Spoiler Whopper, Grabarz and Partner Werbeagentur: Webby People’s Voice Award for Best Use of Mobile Media (Media)
- The E.V.A. Initiative, Forsman & Bodenfors: Webby Award for Best Cause-Related Campaign (Advertising Campaigns)
- The Lift, & Co./NoA: Webby Award for Social Video (Individual)
- Adidas Originals “Donald Glover Presents,” Mamag Studios: Webby People’s Voice Award for Best Video Campaign (Advertising Campaigns)
- Skittles Commercial: The Broadway Musical, Smuggler: Webby Award for Best Event Activation (PR)
- Generation Lockdown, McCann New York: Webby Award and Webby People’s Voice Award for Public Service and Activism (Branded Content)
- The Decade Wrapped, Spotify: Webby People’s Voice Award for Integrated Campaign (Advertising Campaigns)
- Virtual Influencer Colonel Sanders, Wieden + Kennedy: Webby Award for Best Use of Social Media (Media)
“This year’s advertising Webby winners remind us that the best marketing and advertising on the internet is creative, inspiring, poignant and innovative,” said Webby Awards executive director Claire Graves. “At this moment in time, the internet is where we are turning to support and uplift one another and, through the groundwork laid by this year’s winners, the bar has been set for how brands can do that. We’re thrilled to recognize their creativity and ingenuity.”