YouTube created a data visual illustrating searches on its platform for Thanksgiving foods across the U.S.
The Google-owned video site provided data on searches for turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, pie, apple pie, pumpkin pie and pecan pie, and it broke out that data state-by-state.
Highlights of YouTube’s findings included:
- Search interest in Thanksgiving foods reached an all-time high this year.
- Searches for “how to carve a turkey” have increased by more than 60 percent in the past year.
- The watch time of cooking videos with “holiday” in their titles is up 50 percent over the past year.
- There are more than 4 million recipe-related videos on YouTube, and watch time for those videos has increased by 2.5 times over the past two years.
- The highest volume of interest in Thanksgiving food comes from the East Coast, but the Midwest is tops when it comes to seeking out desserts.
- More than one-half of shoppers said online videos have helped them decide which specific brands and products to buy.
- Countries outside of the U.S. that have been most interested in Thanksgiving content over the past year are Nigeria, Trinidad & Tobago, Ghana, Canada and Kenya.
- Vermont is the state with the highest search interest for “Friendsgiving” and “Thanksgiving.”