I recently had the opportunity to sit down with Offerpal’s Director of Marketing, Matt McAllister, to discuss their recent Mobile CPI initiative. We were able to discuss the current state of offers, the importance of social games and applications and how Offerpal ensures that advertisers get good leads.
The interview was very enlightening and Matt provides a great overview of CPA, CPI and other advertising networks, and also shows how there are wasted fees in the current social media advertising food chain. Here are some highlights from the interview:
- Offerpal prefers to call it a cost-per-trial model, where users try out new applications to get the rewards of new currency.
- Users have to actually try and play the application to get the currency
- Offerpal has partnered with TapJoy to integrate an SDK to ensure that players that try new games need to play for a bit to get the currency
- Offerpal partnered with Amazon Turk to get users to engage in completing tasks that computers cant’ easily do in exchange for currency
- The day it went live, people started to flood the system and like to complete the simple Amazon tasks for currency
- The integration with Amazon has been easy for OfferPal, and Amazon has a large number of tasks available at anytime, between 50,000 and 100,000 tasks at any time
- The interface is also excellent, which makes it easy for users to understand how much they have to do
- Listen to the podcast for more!