Men’s Health, the health magazine for men, and Women’s Health, the health magazine for women, launched their “1,000 Exercises” application for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch.
The app is what it sounds like; a catalog of 1,000-plus exercises to help readers create or modify their workout routines. Features include a choice between male and female image options, the ability to rate and share workouts and Facebook and Twitter capability — all of which will come in handy for anyone who works out with an iPad.
“We really leveraged our knowledge from working on our previous fitness apps like Men’s Health and Women’s Health Workouts in order to create a product that provides users with a one-stop-shop of easy-to-follow exercises for literally every muscle group in the body at the moment it matters most — during a workout,” gushed brand editor Matt Bean in a statement.
Press release after the jump.
New York, NY (May 20, 2010) — Rodale Inc.’s Men’s Health and Women’s Health today announced the availability of 1,000 Exercises for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch from the App Store. 1,000 Exercises enables users to build custom workouts from a library of more than a thousand exercises. It is the first iPad app to allow users to build, share, and sync their unique workouts between their other Apple devices — including the iPhone and iPod touch.
“1,000 Exercises is our most comprehensive fitness application to date and truly showcases the unmatched level of expertise across both of these powerful and trusted brands,” said Matt Bean, Brand Editor. “We really leveraged our knowledge from working on our previous fitness apps like Men’s Health and Women’s Health Workouts in order to create a product that provides users with a one-stop-shop of easy-to-follow exercises for literally every muscle group in the body at the moment it matters most — during a workout.”
Since June 2009, Rodale’s Men’s Health and Women’s Health have developed a stable of nearly 30 apps for Apple and Android. 1,000 Exercises marks the brandsâ€™ third iPad offering and is available now for $5.99. For more information, visit menshealth.com/apps.
Key features include:
• Create your own workouts from over a thousand exercises
• Exercises include both male and female image options
• Workouts automatically sync between your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch
• Dozens of workouts created by the world’s top trainers
• Search workouts and exercises by equipment, body parts, and goals
• Publish your custom workouts for other users to access
• Rate and favorite workouts
VIDEOS & LOGS
• Access video-demonstrations of exercises during a workout
• Track sets, reps, and averages
• Monitor and graph your weight loss results
• Email logs for post-workout review
FACEBOOK & TWITTER SUPPORT
• Post your workout results to Facebook and Twitter
• Provides access to easy-to-use, content-rich information in a lean, on-the-go format