Every blog has focused on the number promoted in this Apple press release:
That is a phenomenal number of units sold in the 28 days of April that the iPad was available for purchase. But, there a couple of other very interesting numbers in that same press release.
– The first generation iPhone took 74 days to sell a million units
– 5,000+ new apps for the iPad
– 200,000+ apps for the iPhone & iPad in the App Store
– 12 million apps downloaded from the App Store
– 15 million ebooks downloaded from the iBookstore