- Same-advertiser ad spend was up 16 percent in the third quarter compared with the second quarter.
- Those advertisers experienced strong returns on their ad spend. Nanigans offered two online retailers as examples, saying that the first saw return on ad spend up 502 percent versus the prior quarter, purchase rates up 271 percent and average daily spend up 21 percent, while those figures for the second retailer were 333 percent, 22 percent and 174 percent, respectively.
- Outside of North America, ad spend rose 5 percent quarter-over-quarter, while click-through rates were up 17 percent quarter-over-quarter and 96 percent year-over-year.
- Mobile’s share of third-quarter-2015 ad spend was up 10 percent compared with the second quarter and 18 percent compared with the third quarter of 2014.
- Carousel ads were the fastest-growing product, with spending up 55 percent quarter-over-quarter.
- Direct-response ads continued to dominate, as Nanigans found that 96 percent of third-quarter ad spend went toward page post ads, mobile application install ads and domain ads.
- Global CTRs rose 9 percent in the third quarter of 2015 from the prior period, to 0.96 percent, and 69 percent versus the third quarter of 2014.
- Cost per click of $0.54 was up 18 percent quarter-over-quarter.
- Cost per thousand impressions (CPMs) reached their highest level since Nanigans began tracking them in the third quarter of 2013, up 28 percent quarter-over-quarter.
Readers: Did any of Nanigans’ findings surprise you?