Based on information provided by LinkedIn and other sources, the amount of hiring activity in the mobile arena has declined since last week. Nine companies brought on new team members and of those nine, three major hires happened. To start, Oliver Lo, joins AppAnnie as its new VP of marketing. Also, Dimo Velev joins InMobi as its new head of business development central and eastern Europe while Tapjoy appoints Peter Dille as chief marketing officer.
We know there are many more mobile game and social app developers that are actively growing, so if your company is hiring new people or making a notable promotion, please get in touch with us here: mail (at) insidemobileapps (dot) com. We’ll get your news into an upcoming post.
Who else is hiring? The Inside Network Job Board presents a survey of current openings at leading companies in the industry.
Here’s this week’s full list:
- Karen Nga, Community Manager — Alphonso Labs shows activity this week hiring Nga. Nga was most recently business development at Bump Technologies.
- Oliver Lo, Vice President of Marketing — AppAnnie makes a big hire this week, bringing on Oliver Lo as its vice president of marketing. he was previously a lead product manager at Zynga.
- Colin Sanders, Assistant Producer — A pair of hires join Beeline Interactive, beginning with Sanders, a former game designer for Tecmo Koei Canada.
- Tim McLennan, Server Administrator — Also joining Beeline Interactive is McLennan. McLennan was previously a programmer at Vast Studios.
- Dmytro Lemeshko, 3D Artist — Gameloft brings on only a single hire this week. Lemeshko was previously an environment artist at Crytek.
- Dimo Velev, Head of Business Development Central & Eastern Europe — InMobi has the biggest hire this week, bringing on Dimo Velev as its new head of business development for central and eastern Europe. Prior to this, he was the director of central and eastern Europe at IAC Search & Media/Ask Partner Network.
- Chandana Guttapalli, Software Engineer — Also joining InMobi is Guttapalli. Guttapalli’s previous role is unknown.
- Nick Owens, Game Designer — Owens joins Pocket Gems this week. He was formerly a producer at Electronic Arts.
- Kalle Alppi, IT Director — Now at Rovio Mobile, Alppi was most recently director of internal IT at Visma.
- Peter Dille, Chief Marketing Officer — Tapjoy makes another big hire this week. Peter Dille has been appointed as the company’s new chief marketing officer. Before this, he was the senior vice president of marketing and PlayStation Network for Sony Computer Entertainment America.
- Tiffany Owyang, Administrative Assistant — Now at TinyCo, Owyang was previously a senior representative at Vector Marketing.