Hiring activity within the social space has dropped significantly this week, according to information presented on LinkedIn and through other sources. After a decent week of new hires last week, the past seven days have shown activity from only six developers who have hired only a handful of new team members.
As always, if your company is hiring new people or making a notable promotion, please let us know. Email editor (at) insidesocialgames (dot) com, and we’ll get it into this or next week’s post. Also, please note that the information about most new hires, below, comes directly from company updates from LinkedIn, and is only as current as each person’s profile.
Looking for new opportunities? The Inside Network Job Board presents a survey of current openings at leading companies
Here’s this week’s full list:
- Christopher Flork, 2D Illustrator — Now at 6waves Lolapps, Flork was previously a a 2D character designer for Invforge and is also currently a concept artist for Splice Productions S.F.
- Joal De Veyra, Player Experience Associate (Contract) — Kabam shows a single hire. De Veyra was most recently a sales associate at Footlocker. He is also currently a production assistant at Thud Rumble.
- Andrew Kane, Server Engineer — Loot Drop brings on new members this week starting with Kane. Kane was formerly a software engineer at Riot Games.
- Matt Dalluhn, Senior Artist — Also joining Loot Drop is Dalluhn, a former concept artist at NetDevil/Gazillion.
- Aurore Valery, 2D & 3D Artist — Joining Playfish this week is Valery, a former motion designer for venteprivee.com.
- Emily Wong, Product Manager — Also joining Playfish is Wong. She was previously an equity analyst for Arete Research.
- David Armstrong, Junior Software Engineer — Armstrong was most recently a teaching assistant for 3DS Max at DigiPen Institute of Technology.
- Rochelle Lee, Global Marketing Manager — Rochelle Lee joins the Work4 Labs team as its new global marketing manager. Prior to this, Lee was a web project designer for GreenBiz Group.
- Hongyi Li, Business Development & Strategy Intern — Li also joins Work4 Labs. He was previously a co-program director of Jakarta Camp at Adam Khoo Learning Technologies Group.
- Gene Lam, Sales Executive — Lam was most recently a multimedia advertising consultant at SFGate.com.
- Bill Galey, Senior Director of Contract Center Operations — Galey joins Zynga this week. He was previously the director of customer service for Europe at Blizzard Entertainment.
- Will Cox, QA Engineer I — Also now a part of Zynga, Cox was formerly a quality assurance lead at UTV Ignition Games.
- Chris Tyler, Product Manager — Tyler was previously director of merchandise planning at ShoeDazzle.
- Hilda Karugabira, Animator — Karugabira was most recently an animator for Rivet Games.
- Anthony Mars, Senior Character Artist — Joining Zynga, Mars was previously a lead character artist for Electronic Arts.