The hiring lull in the social gaming space continues over into this this week, according to data from LinkedIn and other sources. Eight companies showed new activity. That said, there were some bigger hires in the past seven days from Double Down Interactive and Zynga. Peter Anderson joins the former as its new vice president of recruiting and human resources while Ryan Lysne joins the latter as its new director of strategic marketing
As always, if your company is hiring new people or making a notable promotion, please let us know. Email editor (at) insidesocialgames (dot) com, and we’ll get it into this or next week’s post. Also, please note that the information about most new hires, below, comes directly from company updates from LinkedIn, and is only as current as each person’s profile.
Looking for new opportunities? The Inside Network Job Board presents a survey of current openings at leading companies
Here’s this week’s full list:
- Anna Markosian, Finance Assistant — CrowdStar sees a single hire this week with Markosian. She was previously an intern at UBS Wealth Management.
- Peter Anderson, Vice President of Recruiting & Human Resources — Peter Anderson joins Double Down Interactive as its new vice president of recruiting and human resources. His prior role was as the vice president of recruiting and human resources at Big Fish Games.
- Joseph Derflinger, Customer & Community Specialist — Derflinger joins GREE International this week. He was formerly a community manager with Perfect World Entertainment.
- Cary Chen, Managing Counsel — Also joining GREE International is Chen, a former associate of the Corporate Group at Morrison & Foster LLP.
- Moses Lee, Software Engineer — Now at Kabam, Lee was previously a software engineer and at Involver.
- Steve Markgraf, Software Engineer — Markgraf joins Loot Drop this week. He was formerly a part of Zindagi Games.
- David Armstrong, Junior Software Engineer — Also joining Loot Drop, Armstrong was previously a student at the DigiPen Institute of Technology.
- Bill Drastal, Animator — Drastal was formerly an animator for Slide and Google.
- Darron Smity, Artist — Smith was previously a part of Massive Black.
- Hasim Karaman, Senior Software Developer — Peak Games hires two new team members starting with Karaman. Karaman was previously a software developer at MagiClick Digital Solutions.
- Barbaros Usekes, Game Tester — Usekes also joins Peak Games. He was formerly a junior PHP coder at 2025 Arena.
- Ryan Condon, Game Tester — Condon joins PopCap Games this week. Prior to this, he was a build analyst for Zipper Interactive.
- Steven Johnson, QA Engineer II — Zynga hires three individuals, starting with Johnson, a former quality assurance tester at Sony Computer Entertainment of America.
- Ryan Lysne, Director of Strategic Marketing — Ryan Lysne joins Zynga as its new director of strategic marketing. Previously, he was the senior engagement manager at McKinsey & Company.
- Elain Eudy, Senior Artist — Eudy was previously a lead artist for Griptonite Games.