Hiring was up this week in the social gaming space. According to data we gathered from LinkedIn and other sources, 10 companies hired 20 new employees. While most of the activity was in the form of single hires, Canadian developer East Side Games swelled their ranks by bringing on six new members. This week’s highest profile hire was Steve Klei’s move to Kabam as the company’s new chief financial officer.
If your company is hiring new people or making a notable promotion, please get in touch with us. Email us at: mail (at) insidesocialgames (dot) com, and we’ll get your news into an upcoming post.
If you want to know who else is hiring, the Inside Network Job Board showcases current openings with the industry’s leading companies.
- Aldric Sun, Data Analyst – Vancouver, BC based social game company East Side Games adds six new faces this week. Sun comes to East Side Games from United Front Games where he was a game designer.
- Ashleigh Inman, EA/Office Manager – Inman moves into the games industry from film, where she worked as an executive producer’s assistant on Stargate Universe.
- Trudi Castle, Artist – Castle was previously a storyboard/concept artist at Crytek.
- Jesse Roberts, Producer – Roberts takes up the role of producer.
- Heather Harvey, Artist – Harvey joins the team as an artist.
- Jacob Krarup, Producer – And finally Krarup also comes on as a producer.
- Sergio Rivero, Translation & Localization – Rivero joins Happy Elements, moving from KC Standard Business Consulting, where he was previously a consultant.
- Steve Klei, Chief Financial Officer – In this week’s highest profile hire, Steve Klei joins Kabam as their chief financial officer. Before making the move, Klei was the chief financial officer at software-as-a-service company Jigsaw.
- Xavier Nicolas, Project Manager-France – Also joining the Kabam team is Nicolas, previously in customer care at DCLUX.
- Viet Ngo, Player Experience Associate – And finally Ngo, who comes from Aeria Games, where he was previously game master.
- Jonathan Spivack, Quality Engineering Intern – A pair of hires for KIXEYE, who bring on Spivack from the Stanford University School of Medicine, where he was also an intern.
- Michael Borgmann, User Acquisition Manager – Borgmann comes from Facebook, where he was previously a specialist for online sales operations.
- Thinh Ngo, Animation Internship – Ngo is this week’s single hire for Lolapps, who joins the company having previously worked The Gap.
- Jason Reinstedler, Support Engineer – One new hire for ngmoco this week, who bring on Reinstedler from the Yale University School of Medicine, where he was a C&IS specialist/senior analyst.
- Mladen Milić – Software Development Engineer – Nordeus make our list after promoting Mladen Milić internally from intern to software development engineer.
- Kaan Baltaci, User Acquisition Specialist – Peak Games also shows life with a single hire. Baltaci joins the company from Kupon Kent, where he was an advertising specialist.
- Brian Lelas, QA Tester – PopCap is the last company to bring on one new person this week, hiring Lelas, who joins the company from Waterstones.
- Justin Lauria, Associate Software Engineer – Zynga bucks this week’s trend with a trio of new hires. First up is Lauria, who makes the move from Autonomy where he was previously a Jr. developer.
- Renju George, Associate Software Engineer – Also joining is George, who starts his career, coming straight from Kannur University.
- Kiel Cravatta, Intern Producer – And finally we have Cravatta, who makes the move from Skubiak and Rivas Law, where he was the web manager.