Well, chalk up another iTunes App Store oddity. WordPress 2 for iPhone was just announced…
However, it has a completely separate app entry in the iTunes Store…
…and it installs beside any existing WordPress 1.x app you might already have on your iPhone or iPod touch. I removed version 1.3 just to avoid confusion.
Here’s the list of new and fixed features in WordPress 2 for iPhone…
– A new, more efficient user interface that makes it faster to switch between comments, posts, and pages.
– Various user interface refinements and bug fixes
– New Comments interface, with Gravatars and the author URL shown in the comment list
– Passwords are now stored in the keychain
– Posts are now automatically saved and restored if network connection is lost during publishing
– Added persistence, so the app re-opens in the blog you last used
– Added an interface for manually entering the XMLRPC endpoint for non-standard setups
– Fixed rotation-related visual glitches
– Fixed errors where malformed XML prevented access to XMLRPC endpoint
– Fixed edge case where local drafts were sometimes not saved
– Fixed the order of photos so that theyÃ¢â‚¬â„¢re displayed in the order theyÃ¢â‚¬â„¢re uploaded
I hope this release deals with a problem I’ve had for over a year now. The original WordPress for iPhone worked fine with my personal blog. However, it stopped working after I updated to version 1.2. Here’s hoping it works with this 2.0 release.