The PGA Tour will resume play with the Charles Schwab Challenge from Colonial Country Club in Fort Worth, Texas, June 11 through 14, and the organization teamed up with Twitter on a global live content execution.
Twitter Multicast will start up Thursday, June 11, running from approximately 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. ET, and it will feature nine different videostreams in which athletes, celebrities and other personalities will weigh in on the action, across over 20 Twitter accounts.
The nine videostreams and their guest commentators are:
- The Action Network/GolfBet: Darren Rovell, Jason Sobel and guest
- CBS Sports: Charles Davis and Danny Kanell
- Celebrity stream: Dude Perfect
- Celebrity stream: Darius Rucker and Golden Tate
- Celebrity stream: Paige Spiranac and Wells Adams
- Discovery/GolfTV: Henni Zuel and Eddie Pepperell
- Golf Digest: Hally Leadbetter and David Leadbetter
- LPGA Tour: Annika Sorenstam and Brittany Lincicome
- Sky Sports/NBC Sports: Kevin Pietersen and Conor Moore
Twitter head of U.S. sports partnerships T.J. Adeshola said in a statement, “This first-ever Twitter Multicast will give golf fans a viewing experience they won’t find anywhere else. By adding conversation and commentary from a range of Twitter notables to premium golf content, the Multicast will have something for everyone, regardless if you’re looking for real-time reactions, analysis or just some laughs to pair with live footage from Colonial. This is a prime example of how to create a richer, more customized fan experience through the power of Twitter.”
PGA Tour chief media officer Rick Anderson added, “The PGA Tour is proud to be among the first major sports leagues to return to competition. With no spectators on-site, we want to work harder than ever to connect our fans to the event, across numerous platforms and devices, in addition to the PGA Tour Live, Golf Channel and CBS broadcasts. Working with Twitter on this all-new fan engagement initiative is a nod to how important fans are to the Tour and our players.”