The report shows that Netflix owns the social conversation in a big way: from April 1 to June 1, Netflix was tweeted about 30,000 times (out of a sample of 979,329 online conversations). The only network that came close was Fox with 8,831 mentions.
Other highlights of the report:
- When it comes to responding to fans, MTV is the quickest — sometimes within the same minute as the @ mention. On the flip side, Food Network takes eight hours to respond on social.
- The report digs through mentions of 38 networks to determine how men and women were tweeting about networks and shows:
- Women tweet most about TNT and Bravo. Men are most interested in Eurosport and Adult Swim. Though they’re pretty equally divided when it comes to Nick at Nite.
- Women are most chatty about ABC Family’s “Switched at Birth” and men are still clamoring over Comedy Central’s “South Park.” They’re almost perfectly 50/50 when it comes to “Vikings” on the History Channel.
- 47 percent of networks’ responses occurred in under 10 minutes.
- 73 percent of responses occurred under one hour after the initial comment or question.