Sam Sifton, restaurant critic for the NYT, has been elevated to national editor at the paper. Jill Abramson calls him “a superb editor”…..the amazingly named Rick Rothacker is leaving the Charlotte Observer to be a Charlotte-based Reuters correspondent….Mashable has hired a new editor and expanded into new news verticals….and more….
- Restaurant critic Sam Sifton named NYT national editor (via Romenesko+)
- Charlotte banking reporter joining Reuters to cover banking (via Talking Biz News)
- Mashable Grows, Hires New Editor (via FishbowlNY)
- Charles Pierce Lines Up Regular Gig with Grantland (via FishbowlLA)
- Former MSLGroup SVP joins Weber Shandwick (via PRWeek)
- Kinder, Gentler Perez Hilton Launches Perezitos.com (via FishbowlLA)