PageLever provides comprehensive Facebook Page analytics to assess fan demographics and growth along with post visibility and engagement.
Page metrics can be compared across two time periods to evaluate both short and long-term effects of Facebook marketing tactics, such as post content, frequency and time/day-of-week of posting.
Ways the product benefits social media campaigns
By providing analysis of fan demographics and post performance, PageLever can be used to increase fan engagement to improve brands’ EdgeRank score. Higher EdgeRank can result in better News Feed visibility that, in turn, can result in yet higher levels of engagement.
Assessing Page metrics over time and comparing two date ranges. Though Facebook limits post data retrieval to approximately 30 days, PageLever users can analyze data going back to the date they first used the application.
– Analytics provide information on:
- Fan activity and growth — Data on fan acquisition and loss, including how fans are joining and being removed
- Fan demographics (age, gender and locale) — Provided for both the Page and set of active users
- Brand post visibility in News Feeds and via Page views — Includes percentage of fans reached, average impressions per fan and referral sources
- Post popularity — Impressions, Likes and comments are used to calculate engagement rates for individual posts or over a date range
- Day overview — Accessed by clicking a data point on any chart on any Page; can help track triggers for engagement spikes
- Post analysis by type of content and fan demographics
- Timeline of individual post impressions to evaluate lifespan and plan timing of future posts
– Custom tags can be applied to campaigns, topics, phrasing style, customer apps and other user-defined parameters to aid in evaluating posts
– Export of core data to Excel and PDF reports
Brands and agencies managing Facebook Pages who want more information than is provided by Facebook Insights to improve their fan engagement and EdgeRank.
“We emphasize to our clients – Baskin-Robbins, Buffalo Wild Wings, Publix Super Markets and more – that Facebook success isn’t solely about fan counts, but also earned media generated through engagement. With PageLever, we’re able to quickly spot the content that engages our clients’ fans. Those insights are invaluable.” — Chris Tuff, VP Social Media, 22squared
Three-tiered subscription pricing from $34 to $94 per month based on number of Pages, fans and user accounts. Agency and unlimited plans are priced on request.
Compared to competition
According to the company, “If you think Facebook Insights leaves something to be desired, you’re not alone. With PageLever, you can see where your fans are coming from so you can attract more of them. You can also see where people unfan your page, so you can minimize losses. And, as the average Page reaches only 8% of their fans daily, you can use PageLever to identify which posts perform best in the EdgeRank algorithm so you can reach and activate the other 92% of your fans.”
Our “What You Should Know” series of application profiles has been helping brands and agencies select the most appropriate tools to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of their campaigns. Need help measuring or monetizing your social media activities? Check out dozens of additional apps in the series archives – one is bound to come to your rescue!
Neil Glassman is principal marketing strategist at WhizBangPowWow, where he delivers integrated social, digital and linear media solutions. Contact Neil by email and join his conversations on Twitter and Google+.