Shoutlet provides a centralized platform that helps companies manage and monetize their social media communication. In one interface, it includes Facebook and Twitter management, Social CRM, widget building, email and mobile marketing, social commerce and real-time analytics.
The just released version 4.0 of the platform offers brands and agencies the tools to develop and implement targeted campaigns with the goal of improving the business impact of their social media communications.
Ways the product benefits social media campaigns
Shoutlet is enterprise social management software for managing social media communication and includes tools to engage customers on a number of social media outposts.
Shoutlet features work together on a unified platform for executing social media plans.
- Social CRM capabilities for Facebook, Twitter and YouTube – As social CRM plays a growing role in fan engagement, marketers are looking for ways to better identify and monetize individual fan relationships. Shoutlet’s Social CRM capabilities provide a ‘Like’ and ‘RT’ features to follow up with fans rapidly and create opportunities for engagement and relationship-building.
- Contest platform – Shoutlet 4.0 allows marketers to build interactive contests, sweepstakes and giveaways within existing Facebook Pages which are shareable between fans and their friends.
- HTML5 Compatibility – Shoutlet-built web apps can be viewed on all mobile devices, including iPhones and iPads. By building only one app, marketers save time and cab push content to a wider variety of mobile devices to create more opportunities to activate fans on-the-go.
- Real-time Analytics — Users can evaluate the impact of individual campaigns and assess the success or failure of their overall effort.
- Shop & Share — Shop & Share’s links a tailored digital storefront on Facebook directly to a company’s website to drive e-commerce efforts. It aims to create a full circle of product-driven conversation among fans, allowing them to add a social element to their online shopping experience by instantly sharing their purchasing decisions with friends on Facebook and hundreds of other social sites.
- Facebook Fan Page Management — Teams can build and publish custom tabs, including reveal tabs, through a drag-and-drop interface.
Shoutlet customers are primarily social media marketing professionals seeking a streamlined solution for creating social media content and managing interactions. As more companies integrate social media into their entire organizations, Shoutlet expects wider enterprise usage, touching departments ranging from customer service to legal.
“A digital storefront is a significant part of our online marketing success. Being able to create a uniquely designed e-commerce tab on Facebook allows us to not only engage with our fan base on the world’s largest social site, but also watch them share our products with their friends and then drive customers to our website where they can dive deeper into our company and what we have to offer,” said Kailin Terrill, Marketing Manager, BikeBandit.com. “The ability to link those platforms together is an invaluable part of our holiday marketing campaign because we can spend less time managing separate sites, traffic, and product orders and more time seeing what products are resonating with our customers and focus on providing similar items for the same success.”
Version 4.0, a major update, was released on April 5, 2011.
Pricing ranges from $500 to several thousand per month based on users, usage and account service needs.
Compared to competition
According to the company, “Shoutlet competes with other companies that offer products and services for social media management, although none is as comprehensive as Shoutlet’s flagship platform. Many of our competitors began life as social media agencies and now offer a mixture of service and software tools. We differ from the competition in two distinct ways: 1) They offer both tools and creative services, whereas Shoutlet provides a platform for companies to manage their own campaigns; 2) They are focused predominantly on Facebook management, whereas Shoutlet incorporates more than 100 social outposts, Social CRM, widget building, email and mobile marketing, and true social commerce.”
Our “What You Should Know” series of application profiles has been helping brands and agencies select the most appropriate tools to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of their campaigns. Need help measuring or monetizing your social media activities? Check out dozens of additional apps in the series archives – one is bound to come to your rescue!