- ASICS America signed United Entertainment Group as its new U.S. PR AOR. The firm will handle strategic comms planning and execution and promote major events like its various marathons while reminding the public that ASICS stands for “Anima Sana In Corpore Sano” or “A Sound Mind in a Sound Body,” or the very opposite of what you get when you finish running a marathon.
- UEG also won Speedo USA, for which it will handle initiatives related to new products and the Rio 2016 Olympic Games. Thankfully, Speedo has absolutely nothing to do with FIFA.
- MWW will be the first PR AOR to support external comms for U.S. Bank, which we did not realize is the fifth largest commercial bank in this country. The firm’s New York office will handle the account, working to raise awareness of the brand; they already succeeded with at least one media influencer.
- Legacy Games of L.A. went with New York’s Child’s Play Communications as its agency of record. The firm will work to promote the “leading creator of mobile and PC game apps for children and adults” and its new product Crayola DJ, which allows kids aged 6-10 to create music but probably doesn’t have a trailer as cool as Fallout 4.
- The Greater Raleigh Convention and Visitors Bureau chose French/West/Vaughan as its creative services AOR after an “18-agency competitive review.” F/W/V will go beyond a traditional PR role in working with the group’s in-house team to develop ad campaigns promoting the area’s convention and tourism businesses.
Publish date: June 4, 2015 https://dev.adweek.com/digital/spin-the-agencies-of-record-406/ © 2020 Adweek, LLC. - All Rights Reserved and NOT FOR REPRINT