Sister blog PRNewser took a humorous look at the way tweets in the public-relations field tend to trend into five distinct types.
The five most popular types of PR tweets, as described by Joe Ciarallo:
• The “I’m hanging out or speaking with an important person/people” tweet, or the attempt by the Twitter user to brag about how connected he or she is.
• The “complaining” tweet, which is pretty self-explanatory.
• The “non-disclosure” tweet, which plugs a new product, service, or campaign, but fails to disclose that their client is behind whatever is being plugged.
• The “overly excited” tweet, which, again, is pretty self-explanatory.
• The “cat fight” tweet, or an attempt by the tweeter to lure a high profile tweeter to respond to their Tweet or blog post, therefore exposing them to all of his or her followers.