It seems like every other week we’re tracking a new, big announcement going on at Huffington Post. And… this week is no different! The news and entertainment site announced today the hiring of nine new people to its sales staff, and also revealed the results of a survey conducted among its readers.
Their new hires include Terry City, Marcia Greenblatt, Adam Gross, Jim Iacono, Laura Krebill, Mandy MacKay, John Shankman, Julia Steers, and Marc Walker. (You can find more information about each after the jump.)
Says HuffPo president Greg Coleman:
Bringing on such a wide-range of talent — a remarkable group of industry professionals from some of the best names in media — marks a key milestone in the build-out of our sales platform. We’re now ready to fully capitalize on the success of The Huffington Post brand, and further deepen our engagement with marketers.
From a press release sent out by the Huffington Post:
* Terry City has been named executive director, entertainment sales and strategy, at the Huffington Post. He was most recently strategic entertainment accounts director, film & television at Yahoo.
* Marcia Greenblatt has been named senior account director at the Huffington Post. She was most recently regional sales manager at Forbes Media.
* Adam Gross has been named account executive at the Huffington Post. He was most recently sales representative at Variety.
* Jim Iacono, has been named Los Angeles sales director at the Huffington Post. He was most recently Los Angeles director at Wenner Media.
* Laura Krebill was named senior account director at the Huffington Post. She was most recently account director at Aol.
* Mandy MacKay has been named senior manager of sales development at the Huffington Post. She was most recently account manager at the New York Times.
* John Shankman has been named account director at the Huffington Post. He was most recently regional sales manager (RSM) at Federated Media.
* Julia Steers has been named social marketing manager at the Huffington Post. She was most recently editor-in-chief of DoSomething.org.
* Marc Walker has been named Midwest Sales Director at The Huffington Post. He was most recently Midwest Sales Director for USATODAY.com.