The Huffington Post expanded its sales team by nine, adding the following executives:
• Executive director of entertainment sales and strategy Terry City, formerly strategic entertainment accounts director, film and television at Yahoo!;
• Senior account director Marcia Greenblatt, who had been a regional sales manager at Forbes Media;
• Account executive Adam Gross, who comes from Variety, where he was a sales representative;
• Los Angeles sales director Jim Iacono, previously Los Angeles director at Wenner Media;
• Senior account director Laura Krebill, formerly an account director at Aol;
• Senior manager of sales development Mandy MacKay, who joins HuffPost from The New York Times, where she was an account manager;
• Account director John Shankman, who had been a regional sales manager at Federated Media;
• Social marketing manager Julia Steers, previously editor in chief at DoSomething.org; and
• Midwest sales director Marc Walker, who held the same post at USAToday.com.
President and chief revenue officer Greg Coleman said:
Bringing on such a wide-range of talent — a remarkable group of industry professionals from some of the best names in media — marks a key milestone in the build-out of our sales platform. We’re now ready to fully capitalize on the success of The Huffington Post brand and further deepen our engagement with marketers.
CEO Eric Hippeau added:
Since starting in September, Greg Coleman has been hard at work building a sales team that can execute his ambitious vision for bringing our business to the next level. We’re better situated than ever to connect with key marketers who see HuffPost as offering a unique hybrid of news and opinion with an attitude, a passionate and engaged community, and a site built around sharing via social tools and the latest technology.