Loved or hated, but not ignored: The New York Yankees boasted the largest audience size across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram in social marketing firm Unmetric’s analysis of Major League Baseball teams during the season’s opening week, April 2 through 9.
- The Bronx Bombers tallied 8,557,728 Facebook likes as of April 9, along with 2,170,595 Twitter followers and 1,511,828 Instagram followers.
- The Houston Astros posted the most growth on Facebook (0.52 percent) and Twitter (1.87 percent), while the Cleveland Indians led growth on Instagram, at 1.72 percent.
- The defending World Series champion Chicago Cubs swept engagement across the three social networks.
- The Los Angeles Dodgers led Facebook with 121 posts, while the Arizona Diamondbacks paced Twitter with 272 tweets and the St. Louis Cardinals topped Instagram with 84 posts.
- The Cubs earned the most likes on Facebook (586,611) and Twitter (305,054) during the time period analyzed by Unmetric, while the Dodgers occupied the top spot on Instagram.
- The Dodgers tallied the most comments on Facebook (23,101) and Instagram (9,968), while the New York Mets did the same on Twitter (3,377).