Administrators on Workplace by Facebook can now run their communities via their mobile devices.
Workplace by Facebook strategic partner manager Sabrina Morsello announced in a blog post that the social network’s answer to Slack is replacing its dashboard with a new admin panel that will be available via its iOS and Android applications.
Admins on the social network’s suite of tools developed specifically for internal use by companies can handle tasks such as viewing metrics, improving engagement, adding new users, updating the admin team and taking action on reported content via the new admin panel.
On the topic of questionable, flagged or sensitive content, Morsello said admins will receive notifications when such content is reported, adding that admins accessing the admin panel via the More tab on the Workplace by Facebook mobile app can:
- Review all activity from the past seven days and send reminders to people in order to help drive engagement.
- Add new people to the community by entering their full names and email addresses.
- Report on the past three months’ people, group and content activity.
- Review all admins and choose between four admin levels for each one of them.
- Review any reported content and choose whether to allow or delete it.
Morsello wrote, “We want admins to be able to get work done from anywhere. At Facebook, building mobile-first is part of our ethos, so it’s important for us to build Workplace tools for admins in the same way. The reality is that we’re not always at our computer when someone asks us questions about employee engagement metrics. And we’re not always able to review sensitive or reported content at the drop of a hat.”