As 2018 comes to a close, YouTube revealed the top trending and top music videos on its platform this year. The top lists were determined based on views, shares, comments, likes and more.
The No. 1 top trending video of 2018 was “To Our Daughter” from Kylie Jenner. It was released Feb. 4, and it accumulated over 53 million views in its first seven days. As of this writing, the video has 76.8 million views.
Overall, the top 10 trending videos for 2018 have more than 673 million views—40 million more than 2017’s top 10 list. YouTube said the top videos for 2018 have been watched for “around” 50 million hours.
Here are the top 10 trending videos on YouTube in 2018:
- To Our Daughter
- Real Life Trick Shots 2 | Dude Perfect
- we broke up
- Walmart yodeling kid
- Do You Hear “Yanny” or “Laurel”? (SOLVED with SCIENCE)
- Portugal v Spain – 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™ – MATCH 3
- Build Swimming Pool Around Underground House
- Cobra Kai Ep 1 – “Ace Degenerate” – The Karate Kid Saga Continues
- Behan Bhai Ki School Life – Amit Bhadana
- NGƯỜI TRONG GIANG HỒ PHẦN 6 | LÂM CHẤN KHANG | FULL 4K | TRUYỀN NHÂN QUAN NHỊ CA | PHIM CA NHẠC 2018
In terms of music, the top music video on YouTube in 2018 was “Te Bote Remix” from Casper, Nio García, Darell, Nicky Jam, Bad Bunny and Ozuna. Overall, eight of the top 10 most-viewed music videos on YouTube this year were Spanish-language, up from six in 2017.
Here are the top 10 music videos on YouTube in 2018:
- Te Bote Remix – Casper, Nio García, Darell, Nicky Jam, Bad Bunny, Ozuna | Video Oficial
- Nicky Jam x J. Balvin – X (EQUIS) | Video Oficial | Prod. Afro Bros & Jeon
- Maroon 5 – Girls Like You ft. Cardi B
- Daddy Yankee | Dura (Video Oficial)
- Ozuna x Romeo Santos – El Farsante (Remix) (Video Oficial)
- Becky G, Natti Natasha – Sin Pijama (Video Oficial)
- El Chombo – Dame Tu Cosita feat. Cutty Ranks (Official Video) [Ultra Music]
- Drake – God’s Plan
- Reik – Me Niego ft. Ozuna, Wisin (Video Oficial)
- Vaina Loca – Ozuna x Manuel Turizo (Video Oficial)