This year, media organizations doubled down on their efforts to convert readers into paying customers — and they used technology to do so. From online subscriptions and micropayments to digital advertising and user experience, Publishing Executive’s media tech coverage in 2019 reflected the range of business priorities among today’s publishers.
Here’s a look at the top 12 technology posts we published in 2019, selected based on a combination of total visitors and audience engagement.
- 8 Ways to Increase Digital Ad Revenue by 50% or More
- 5 Things Publishers Should Do Before Erecting a Paywall
- How Newspack, A New CMS from WordPress & Google, Will Impact Publishers
- How Bon Appétit Is Driving Engagement and Revenue with Its OTT App
- How to Market a Successful Online Subscription Product
- How Publishers Can Start Monetizing Smart Speakers
- 5 Ways Publisher Technology Lags & Hurts Monetization
- How Micropayments Can Move Readers Through the Subscription Funnel
- 3 Trends Publishers Must Embrace to Survive the “Every Channel” Paradigm
- Are Fully Personalized Magazines in Our Future? It’s Complicated.
- 5 Monetization Tips for Small and Mid-Tier Publishers
- Meredith’s Executive Director of Video Programming & Analytics on IGTV & OTT Strategy
What media tech trends are you keeping an eye on for 2020? Let us know in the comments below.
Leah Wynalek is editor-in-chief of BRAND United. She is passionate about creating content that engages audiences across channels – and delivering insights that help others do the same.