For the first time, creators on Snapchat have the option of publicly displaying their follower counts.
The feature was turned on by default for those with especially large subscriber counts, while others must go into their settings to activate the feature.
A Snap Inc. spokesperson confirmed the new feature, saying, “We’ve listened to feedback from our creator community, and many of them expressed interest in having the option to show that their community on Snapchat is growing. So, starting today, we are giving creators the option to make subscriber counts visible on their public profiles. We are excited to share this new feature. However, we understand that not every creator wants to have public metrics visible to their fans. Therefore, creators can choose to toggle this metric on and off as needed in their settings.”
Snapchat introduced creator profiles in September, giving select creators access to the same benefits as verified Snap Stars, including:
- Full-screen profiles where they can share more details about themselves, including bio, photo, URL, location and email.
- Highlights, or a collection of photo and video content that can be added to profiles from Snapchat Stories or camera rolls.
- Any lenses crafted by creators in Lens Studio appear in their public profiles.
- Story replies, which enable creators to interact with fans and filter those replies, although Snapchat automatically hides negative comments and spam.
- Quoting, which lets creators share subscribers’ replies to their public Stories.
- Creators can share access to their profiles or performance insights with brands through a roles feature, while team members can help manage those profiles.
Insights that were made available to creators include:
- Recent, which shows the reach (unique viewers) and number of Snaps in each story. Story tiles can be tapped to bring up views, reach, screenshots and interactions for each Snap.
- A 28-Day Summary brining up the latest trends for that creator.
- Story insights: tapping “See More” gives creators access to each metric over seven or 28 days, and past Snaps—which are filtered based on a 24-hour time window—can be filtered by metrics including average view time, reach, Story view percentage and Story views, to be compared with past Stories.
- Audience: Number of subscribers, gender breakdown, top location and top interest of the creator’s Story audience over the past 28 days can be accessed. Tapping “See More” enables creators to drill deeper into audience’s interests with Snapchat lifestyle categories and compare by age, category, gender and location.
- An activity tab enables creators to track the posting activity of anyone with access to their public profiles.