The life of Paul Bacon (1923-2015) is to be celebrated.
If I’m looking to buy a well-reviewed book, it should immediately recognizable from across the room.
Also instantly readable as a tiny image from Amazon on a cellphone, tablet, or laptop
If title and author are obscured in a mishmash of design, another title nearby might divert my attention. Whereupon three people are screwed out of a sale: the author, the publisher and me.
We can all learn from Paul Bacon.
See above for the difference between Paul Bacon and Chip Kidd.
Takeaways to Consider:
- “On the average, five times as many people read the headline as read the body copy. When you have written your headline, you have earned eighty cents out of your advertising dollar.” —David Ogilvy
- This is also true for titles, email subject lines and envelope teasers.
- Of the four, by far the toughest challenge is the email subject line. You have just 45 characters of type and spaces.
- If the reader doesn’t get past these attention-getters, the entire effort is a 100 failure.
- “Headlines, subject lines, teasers and titles are the hot pants on the hooker.” —Bill Jayme
- “We are all a mouse click away from oblivion.” —George Wolff
Denny Hatch’s new book is WRITE EVERYTHING RIGHT!
For intelligent writers who want to make a difference
***** Five Stars For any writer this book is the most detailed study of how to make your words say what you actually think and believe. —C. G. Graham, “Knowledge master”
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
CLICK HERE to read the first 3 Chapters FREE.
No cost. No Risk. No obligation.
For Kindle Edition information, CLICK HERE.
firstname.lastname@example.org • www.dennyhatch.com
Denny Hatch is the author of six books on marketing and four novels, and is a direct marketing writer, designer and consultant. His latest book is “Write Everything Right!” Visit him at dennyhatch.com.