Live and linear news content is now available on Roku from Yahoo News, Yahoo Finance, HuffPost, Makers and Yahoo Sports.
Live, daily and long-form programming will be available on “Yahoo,” a service on The Roku Channel, an ad-supported channel on Roku, the companies announced today.
“Oath’s news and entertainment properties are proven to be a trusted and high-quality source for consumers,” said Rob Holmes, vp of programming and engagement at Roku in a statement. “We’re always looking for ways to give our customers access to more voices, and adding ‘Yahoo’ to The Roku Channel accomplishes that.”
Verizon’s Oath has had difficulty determining its unified identity as a media brand, made even more challenging after Tim Armstrong left in September.
Programming on Yahoo will include:
- Live coverage of events, such as the midterm elections from Yahoo News
- Coverage from Yahoo Finance’s four daily business programs
- Video interviews from HuffPost’s “Listen to America” tour
- Breaking news from Yahoo Sports
- Documentaries from RYOT, an Academy Award-nominated entertainment studio
- Storytelling from Makers, a feminist media brand